Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I just short-circuited my Kitchen...

Yesterday I decided to make banana bread because I had some old bananas leftover. I was only missing one ingredient: butter, so I went to the store to do some food shopping. When I came back to my apartment I unpacked all my groceries and couldn't find the butter anywhere... so I checked the receipt to make sure I had actually bought it, which I had, and then after a lot of fruitless searching I decided I must have left it at the store. This morning I poured the milk that I had bought over my cereal only to discover chunks in it... so I decided a return trip to the grocery store was necessary and I picked up another stick of butter along the way. Everything was going well, I made the batter, greased the pan and put the banana bread in the oven... then I decided I should make some hot water with lemon and honey because my throat has been feeling a bit sore. I decided to use the kettle and put it on the electric burner (which I have never done before)... and then a few minutes later I realized that the burner wasn't working anymore, and neither was the oven. After that I also realized that the fridge and microwave were no longer working either. So I called my landlord and apparently it was a bad idea to use the electric burner at the same time as the oven because it uses a lot of energy. It seems a little impractical to me, but I guess I've learned my lesson now. I put the batter in the fridge... which isn't working...haha, so we'll see if that banana bread ever ends up being made.

2 comments:

  1. Is this chocolate banana bread? You should make chocolate banana bread muffins....mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. the same thing would happen to me and my roommate in 2nd year: we could only use 2 out of 4 appliances at one time, otherwise everything would turn off. I hope that banana bread got made eventually though. I once made some with rum, actually pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete