Monday, November 16, 2009

Men with Guns


The police in Paris always seem to be carrying around these huge guns and I find it really frightening. Yesterday on my way back from school I saw a bunch of guys in army gear carrying guns like the one above, just standing in the metro station casually. Police with large guns also stand guard at the bottom of the Eiffle Tower, and I've seen them around other places as well. Even the "regular" police that patrol tourist sites and try to prevent public drinking have visible (though smaller) guns. I find it really terrifying that these people are just allowed to carry these huge guns around in public. Yes they are police, but that doesn't really make me feel any safer, accidents happen and when there is a real emergency or situation who knows how they will handle it? I'm not really sure what the firearm policy is for Toronto Police but I've never seen one with a gun. These huge guns make me feel intimidated, not protected.

No comments:

Post a Comment