Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I finally tried a French "hot dog"

So I finally tried a French "hot dog." It looks something like the above picture, basically a hot dog in a baguette covered in melted cheese. They have them at all the sandwich places and I've been wanting to try one for a while and finally caved in yesterday. I was nervous that if I tried one I would really like it and then I would want to eat them all the time, turns out I had nothing to be worried about. What you can't see is that there is some weird sauce inside underneath the hot dog, I think it's some sort of mustard but it was really hot almost like Wasabi. The hot dog itself was also not so great, it wasn't really cooked enough for my taste. So I'm glad that I finally tried it and no longer have to be tempted because it is definitely not my kind of food. It might be different depending on where you get it from, but French sandwiches pretty much always have some sort of sauce or butter inside them, unless they're called something "sec" aka "dry" in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment