Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Scooters

Kids in Paris love their scooters... and apparently so do some adults. I have seen quite a few adults rolling about on scooters here and I don't really know what to think about it. I always associated scooters with childhood play but here some adults seem to use them as a legitimate mode of transportation. I'm not sure how practical scooters really are, personally I've never been a big fan of them. It's just a funny sight to see a well-dressed "grown-up" riding around on a scooter in the city. I guess it is a good way to be environmentally friendly, but there is also the much more practical "velib" (public bicycles in Paris). I see people on their way to work/school on velibs every day, and wish that my school was more easily accessible so that I could do the same without fearing for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment