Thursday, September 17, 2009

Stairs, stairs and more stairs!


I have come to the conclusion that I must climb at least 15 flights of stairs a day. My apartment is on the fifth floor of a building with no elevator, and I leave it at least twice. Then there are the numerous stairs in the metro, some metros have escalators but not all, and even if they do there is usually still a flight or two of stairs to climb. This along with walking around the city has been my main source of exercise so far. I tried to go jogging the other day but I haven't gotten into it yet. Jogging seems to be really popular in Paris though, I see people out all hours of the day, so maybe their energy will rub off on me. I think that once school really starts and I get into some sort of regular routine it will be easier, but at the moment all of my sight-seeing and other activities are keeping me busy and tired. The picture is of the stairs leading up to Sacre Coeur, which I climbed the other day.

3 comments:

  1. That's weird that there are so many jogging Parisians. I wouldn't have thought that at all...remember in Japan where people looked at us like we were crazy when we went for a jog?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is Sacre Coeur? Is it in that famous Monmartre area?
    Any way, you'll come back to Canada in much better shape than before!!!

    ReplyDelete