Sunday, September 13, 2009

Pere Lachaise


Today I decided to explore Pere Lachaise Cemetery because I've heard quite a bit about it. It was a pretty gloomy day so it seemed like the perfect atmosphere for visiting graves. The cemetery is huge and I got lost for a bit but eventually found my way out. It was pretty much all stone with huge tombs and a lot of family plots, there were lots of trees but there wasn't much grass and there were many pathways weaving through the graves. I saw the strangest thing while there though. There was an old couple sitting by a grave having some sort of picnic and they had brought their cat with them and it was sitting on top of the stone grave eating from tinfoil. It was very odd and I had no idea what to make of it, I saw some other people peering at them curiously as well, so I don't think that is common practice in France.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you took a picture of that. Was it on a leash? Maybe it was a ghost cat!!!

    ReplyDelete