Sunday, September 27, 2009

Nice Weather = Packed Parks


People in Paris LOVE their parks. If the weather is nice you can expect every park in the city to be crowded. Maybe their appreciation stems from the fact that the majority of them probably live in small apartments with no backyards. In Canada we are lucky to have so much land, but I've come to see that maybe we take it a bit for granted. I can't remember ever seeing a park as crowded on a nice day in Canada as it is here in Paris. Today the weather was gorgeous, probably 25 degrees and sunny. I went to Parc des Buttes Chaumont (pictured above) with my friends, it's a gorgeous park near my apartment, and it was quite a mission to find a place to sit down. There were families, couples, kids, etc. sprawled out on every inch of grass availiable. This may sound a bit claustrophobic, but it was actually kind of nice to be sharing the beautiful weather with so many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment