Thursday, October 1, 2009

Paris at Night


The other night my roommate and I were lucky enough to get a tour around the city at night in our landlord's vintage car. It was a spontaneous outing and it was absolutely fantastic. If you ever get the chance to see Paris at night by car, don't hesitate! First of all it's nice to see the city from the passenger's seat of a car, it really is a different experience. I felt that my sense of orientation improved in just that one hour and I now have a better map of Paris in my head. Paris really is the city of lights and it comes alive at night. The lighting on the Eiffel Tower is really well done, and personally I like when it starts sparkling like a diamond, it's almost hypnotizing. Just driving along the Seine provides a breathtaking view as well. There are so many beautiful bridges and monuments that are illuminated at night. Don't get me wrong, Paris is nice in the day as well, but there is just something almost magical about the city at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment