Friday, October 9, 2009

Movie Theatres

Did you know that in a lot of European countries, seats in movie theatres are assigned? When I went to the movies with my friends last week, they were telling me that in their respective countries (Germany, Finland and Belgium) you have to buy tickets in groups to make sure that you get seats beside one another. It is like going to a concert or a real theatre. I found this really strange, because I've never even heard or thought about that, but apparently it's common across Europe. In France the movie theatres are the same as in Canada, but there are some differences:

1) The prices: night is more expensive (10 euros), they have cheap morning prices (4 Euros), when you buy a ticket it usually comes with a coupon for some sort of deal (food, discount ticket, etc.)
2) The popcorn: they have salty and sweet... but salty is just with salt, not with butter, I haven't tried sweet yet...
3) They dub over most of the English movies (which I'm pretty sure they never do to any foreign film in Canada)

No comments:

Post a Comment