Friday, October 23, 2009

Cell Phones!

Everyone in Paris is obsessed with their cell phones! I mistake at least 5 people a day for being crazy because they are talking into earphones/a small headset and at first glance it just looks like they are talking to themselves. I went to a museum the other day, and every room had an employee in it sitting in the corner to "watch" and make sure that the exhibits weren't touched, and every single one of those people were texting or browsing on their phones. I think it's also really noticeable for me because you can get reception on the metro in Paris so I see many people chatting away underground as well. In class a lot of people just have their cell phones sitting on their desk in front of them. Canadians are pretty cell phone obsessed as well, but I think that we are a bit more discrete about it than the Parisians.

No comments:

Post a Comment