Sunday, December 13, 2009

I am going to miss my musmus friends!


So dinner was a success, above is the picture of my friends and I! It wasn't really dinner, more like lots of bread, cheese, dips, and veggies, then some dessert, but it worked out really well. It was great to get a big group of my friends together one last time before I leave. It was a very relaxing evening and though I was happy to celebrate my time in Paris with my friends, it also made me a bit sad because I will really miss them. I have met some great people here, who have basically been my life for the past few months, so it will be very strange and sad to leave them, not knowing when I will see them again. I hope to come to Europe sometime in the next few years and do a backpacking trip, so hopefully I will be able to meet up with a lot of them then. When I lived in Europe before as an Au Pair, I didn't really meet as many people so it wasn't as difficult to leave. In Quebec last summer I was there for a shorter period of time and since everyone I met lived in Canada it didn't seem like as large a separation when I left. This time I feel like I have just met a lot of people that I genuinely like and it will be hard to say goodbye knowing that I probably won't see them for years. But I should be optimistic about things I suppose, at least I have had the opportunity to meet so many different people, and now have contacts all across Europe as well as some other countries. I will always have the great memories of our time together in Paris and I hope that I will be able to keep in touch with them into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment